I Can Walk the Walk

Findings From Daily Walks

Friday, June 23, 2006


This tree came down during a recent storm. It looked to be about 100 years old and just snapped. When I got out to capture it on my digital camera, this old man saw me and asked if I wanted to get my picture taken in front of it, which I found odd but kind of cool.

I was out earlier tonight and I noticed several trends going on that I have to comment on. First, the faux hawk. Yes, it won't go away, but it should. But then again, men have limited hair options, so I guess they have to hold onto something seminally cool for as long as possible. Then there was the overload of ironic rock tees. I draw the line at men wearing unicorns and rainbows. It's just trying to hard. Then there was the moppy, greasy look. Why are boys resorting to bad, 70's style dos? There's got to be a better way. For the women, I guess it was those peasant tops that make you wonder if they're pregnant. Another surprising trend was the shaved head, severly cropped hair look. I give it up to the girls for having the moxie to pull it off. I have short hair and sometimes get shit but to go Sinead, skinhead ... it takes guts. I like to spend time watching those around me react to music and their friends. Sometimes it's way more interesting than the bands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home